On Wednesday, June 29th the therapeutic support group for mothers has had the last meeting. A 12 weeks journey together to a Stronger Self, to a more Happy Experience of Motherhood, to a Better Connection with your Baby. It was a great time with great outcomes. Here is the feedback from participants:
What is Motherhood?
-Learning experience – building from every opportunity, improving my decision making, learning what’s best for me, learning to enjoy every moment;
- Journey – learning curve, hard, fun, exciting, challenging;
- Motherhood is an odyssey because it is a journey with many ups& downs. It’s a long journey through unchartered territory and is different to everyone. You need to call on your inner resources and the support of others to complete the journey. The highs are high and in the lows are low, but the outcome is worth everything.
What do I take from this place?
- Bond with my son
- Skills and knowledge to deal with low moods
- Ability to catch “bad” thoughts and feelings before they grow
- Peace of mind
- A little bit of myself again
- The ability to prioritize myself and my needs
- The knowledge that as long as I try my best and then try my best again then that’s enough
- The resolve to enjoy my children and my life as it is now rather than wasting it away and focusing on the future
- A new interest in painting, journaling and in my family three
What do I leave in this place?
- Negative thoughts and self-assumptions
- Unproductive thoughts and how to deal with hard situations
- My “flight mode” way of dealing with things
- Catastrophizing things
- Guilt about not being enough for my kids& husband
- Fears about being “less” than I want to be
- A need to be “achieving” something